Monday, July 26, 2010
Micah is growing so quickly. Here is a quick run down.
1. He will start preschool in the fall. Feels like yesterday that he was born and now I'm looking at back to school specials.
2. He LOVES to read and look at books. The Reading Bus comes into our subdivision and Micah just loves to climb onto the bus and pick out new books for the week. I think TJ and I have those books memorized by the time the week is done.
3. He is starting to sing along with songs. He would always do the motions to the songs that TJ and I would teach him, but we are now starting to hear him sing the words too.
4. He is getting less scared of water. Every time we visit my parents up at the trailer he goes a little further into the lake. Maybe by the end of the summer he will actually be swimming around and going down the slide instead of just staying where he can touch.
5. He was able to go to VBS for the first time this year and LOVED it. One of the things that made me proud was when I was going through the crafts he made that week and figuring out which ones I wanted to keep, he pointed to one and started counting. I picked it up to look at it and it was about the 10 commandments. Way to go Micah!!!!
Looking back and reflecting over the things he has accomplished amazes me. Keep up the good work Micah!!!!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
The Lord was smart when He created a 2 year old. Children teach us (parents) so many things. A 2 year old teach parents to "forget" when somebody does something wrong or bad to them. Jesus taught this "forgetfulness" as forgiveness. We may never actually forget when somebody does something we do not like, but forgiving them means that you do not hold it over their heads or keep reminding them that they did something you did not like.
My devotions these last couple of days have been the first part of Lamentations. If you have not read these chapters before, they talk about all the different types sacrifices that the Israelites had to make and how to do them. Reading all of these requirements were overwhelming. Thankfully asking for forgiveness from Jesus is much easier now. Since Jesus died on the cross, He paid the price for our sins and we are forgiven. All we need to do is ask for it and promise that we will try our hardest not to do it again and the Lord will forgive us. He does not hold it over our heads or keep reminding us. Just like a 2 year old.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
February went slower
March was a little better with our trip to Florida
April went quick and...
May is just flying by
With April and May came many changes.
1. I now wake up at 5:30 every morning to do devotions, work out and spend some alone time to reflect on the upcoming day before the boys wake up to totally destroy the plans I have made for the day. Just like typical 2 and 3 year olds. Love them!!!!
2. TJ and I are taking a class at church and love it. It's a marriage class to make your marriage even stronger. We have learned problem solving and communication techniques so we can keep growing and not fall into a rut.
last but not least...
3. A diet change... Ephraim had his 2 year check up. He weighed in at a whopping 36 lbs!!!! Which put him off the charts. In a year he stretched the weight growth line all the way across the whole thing. This would not be a bad thing if his height was also in the same area of the chart, however his height is only at 25% for his age group. So now, the doc wants us to keep Ephraim at 36 lbs until his height "catches up." So the doc recommended a "diet" plan and after reading about it, I decided to just put the whole family on it.
Why you ask... because this isn't a diet that you count calories, measure out food, track points and starve yourself. It's a diet that you have a list of foods that you can eat anytime, a list that you can eat from occasionally and a list that is to avoid or eat rarely. And there is still good stuff on the anytime list... like ice cream!!! So why not put the whole family on it. We will all eat better and be healthier all around.
So with summer coming, we will be spending more time out doors and will hope and pray that the trend of months flying by will not continue.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Ephraim has changed so much in the year he has been with us.
April 22, 2009: Could barley hold his head up because he was so weak.
April 22, 2010: Runs around the house like a normal toddler.
April 22, 2009: Weighed 17 lbs 2 oz
April 22, 2010: Weighs 38 lbs 4 oz
April 22. 2009: Had to put a size 1 diaper on and still was too big to fit around his legs.
April 22, 2010: Had to buy special large diapers to fit around his legs and belly.
April 22, 2009: Wore 3 to 6 month clothes that were baggy on him.
April 22, 2010: Wears 2T and 3T clothes.
April 22, 2009: Had to buy special formula because of his weight and food intolerance's.
April 22, 2010: Off the special formula and only has 1 food intolerance left.
April 22, 2009: Started physical therapy and occupational therapy shortly after coming home to help him catch up to his age.
April 22, 2010: No longer in occupational therapy and only has physical therapy for 1 area.
April 22, 2009: Would hardly smile, laugh, cry or babble
April 22, 2010: Now you cannot get him to stop talking, laughing, screaming, crying, yelling, singing and best of all, cannot get him to take that smile off his face!!!
HAPPY FAMILY DAY EPHRAIM!!!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
So here is my first monthly update.
EPHRAIM: Overall Ephraim is doing very well. We still have issues of him gorging and hording food, so we have to keep food hidden and out of his reach. We are still hoping and praying that he outgrows this soon. Also this week we found out that he has a sinus and ear infection. The ear infection was a shock to me as he did not show any signs for that. He has also been growing like a weed, when we were at the doctors he weighed in at 35 lbs!!! That means he has gained almost 20 lbs since coming home in April.
MICAH: Micah is still going to school for his speech. He was tested this month and tested very well. He is actually graduating from the program at the end of March. It will be nice having 2 less mornings were we are rushing around trying to get out of the house. We, however, pray that he will continue to progress in his speech after stopping the schooling. Micah also went skiing again. He loves it and wanted to go on the "BIG HILLS" So the last time they were out, TJ took him up on the chairlift and they went down a BIG HILL as Micah calls them.
TJ: There is not anything to report on TJ. He has been healthy and busy at work. Been very thankful for that and pray that it continues.
ME: I have been busy too. Enjoying my time with my boys and still trying to do my home responsibilities. One of the things that I have been struggling with in my life is my daily devotions. I just never know what to do/read. So I decided to read a chapter in the bible a day. I found out that that should take me a little over 3 years to get through the whole bible (if I stay on track) and the plan that I am using jumps around some, so I hopefully will not get bored reading from front to back cover. One of my weaknesses is keeping up with it, so pray that I am able to do it. I have failed already though. I started on Tuesday and I already missed Wednesday. I keep pondering on starting a blog and giving my thoughts and questions that I have while reading, but I do not know if I want to take on another "task" when I struggle with the daily devotions part already.
There is the last few weeks in a nutshell. Now, lets hope I can keep up with just posting once a month :-)